Friday, October 14, 2016

A field of funky awesome flowers!

Hello hello and happy Friday.  
I'm super excited to share a card that I created for 7 Kids College Fund.
I'm using the Caravelle Studio Cling Stamps called Strips & Lantern's Stemss.  When I first saw this stamp set, I was in love with the beautiful funky flower stems.  Immediately I wanted to create a field of funky flowers.  


And I did just that!   I started by creating the background with Tim Holtz distress paint in broken china, crushed olive, moved lawn, and salty ocean. 


 Then I added more colors by using the distress ink pad (using the same colors).  Then I stamped the beautiful lantern stems with Archival ink jet black.  


And I also stamped the flower strips stamps using Archival ink in Garden Patina randomly on the bottom half of the card to create some interest.  Then, I distressed the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink in gathered twigs and seedless preserves.  I also added some butterflies by using Picket Fence distress ink pad & a blending tool from a stencil.  Next, I added some details by using a white gel pen and colored in some of the flowers.  I also added some Festive Fall Sequins mix along with some blings, and finished it up with splatter effects by using Prima color bloom mist in sunshine and lime wedge.


7 Kids College Fund goodies:

No comments: