Thursday, November 19, 2015

Super cute Ai Penguins and Ai Reindeer set at Michaels!

Hello hello and happy Thursday!
 I'm super excited to share two sets of cards featuring the new Michaels Ai stamp sets from Hampton Art.  They are now available at your Michaels.

For the first set of cards, I used the Ai Penguins set (SC0716).  I absolutely adore these little penguins and the snowman, so cute!  I just want to give him a big hug.


I decided to color the images with colored pencils and die cut with a stitched oral die.


Here is a closer look of both cards.



For my second set of cards.  I used the Ai Reindeer set (SC0715).  


I also colored the images with colored pencils, but I wanted a non-white background.  So, I used Pan Pastel to add some colors behind the images (hint: Pan Pastel can be erase with a eraser before it's sealed), to seal the Pan Pastel, I used the pearl white spray mist, plus it also added a little bit of shimmer. 




Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Can't wait to see your Red and Evergreens creations!

Colored Pencils used:
Ai Penguins card set:  Derwent Colorsoft red, black, dove grey, persian grey, light green, green, pale blue, orange, and deep cadmium
Ai Reindeer card set:  Lyra Polycolor, pale geranium lake, light carmine, canary yellow, gold ochre, ochre, apple green, moss green, raw, brown ochre, raw umber.  For skin tones:  Prismacolor beige and  peach, Faber Castell Polychromes flesh. 




2 comments:

Karen Day said...

I love the way you coloured these, Kerry - they're perfect with those background papers! Great post today!

Catherine said...

Your cards are adorable Kerry and I love your colouring... Hope you are well my friend ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine