Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Testing out the new distress markers..

Smiley from millan.netHello and happy Wednesday! So, after drooling on the new Tim Holtz distress markers for days, it's time to put them to work. And yes, I did, I did. It was so much fun. Here is what I did... I colored this pretty flower stamp from Hero Arts Blooming Meadow with distress markers, then stamp... and then spray with some water and stamp again (without re-applying with distress marker).

Top image is the 2nd generation stamping with spray of water (which created an awesome watercolor effect)

Below image is just with the distress markers...


I used Hero Arts kraft card stock. The card on the left hand side is the 2nd generation and right hand side is the original without the water. Which one do you like better?


7 comments:

Mervi said...

Great shoppings!!!
Both cards looks fabulous;-))m

Karen said...

WOW! Gorgeous!!!! When you come next weekend can you teach me your technique? I love both of them.

Hugs,
Karen

Catherine said...

First time I hear about distressed markers and they look fab ! I love both cards but I must say I prefer the effect with water. It just looks gorgeous ! You rock Lady ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Creations by Shirl said...

This also is something new to me, but whatever they are the end results are so darn pretty.... both cards are gorgeous Kerry~

Alice Carman said...

I need to get me some of these markers. You're card is so beautiful!

Julien Brightside said...

That looks pretty nice.

Alice Carman said...

Another fabulous creation!