Wednesday, September 1, 2010

ISS sketch challenge and more...

Good afternoon and happy September 1st to you! It's time for InStyle Sketch Challenge. Here is the super fun sketch for the month of September. I made a T-slide card, you can find the tutorial at SCS here. I decided to use this cutie pie called Janice. I love her adorable outfit, it reminds me of my school uniform when I was in secondary school in Hong Kong.

Here is the front of the card. I love, love, LOVE the Basic Grey Basic white paper, it's perfect for this. I even made a little book with the smallest dies from the label 7. I was in the mood of some earthy colors.

And here is the side view... I used the sentiment from the Amuse school time set. The T-slide parts were just MS cardstock, but I stamped them with Cover-a-card background stamp screen to create some texture. Viola!! However, I didn't thought of it until after the photo was taken. I should of use some pop up tape for Janice, it would of look better when the card opens. But it was 2am when I had this card done. My bad.Smiley from millan.netLesson learned!!!

Goodies that I used:
Paper: MS cardstock, Basic Grey basic white paper pad
Stamps: InStyle Stamps Janice, Amuse school time set, Impression Obsession cover-a-card background stamp screen
Other: Copic markers, TH distressing ink pad, washi paper tape, nesties label 7

I hope you can play along this month. You can win free InStyle stamps!!! Two digis if you used ISS image and one digi if you didn't.

Here are rules:
  • Make a new card using this sketch (it's okay to combine challenges)
  • Link directly to your post
  • Mention our challenge on your blog post and link it to ISS
For more information about this fun challenge, hop over ISS blog. Have a good day!

6 comments:

Axa said...

love the little book you added!

Unknown said...

Such a cute card! So creative. Thanks for sharing :)

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Kerry love that image and the colours/papers.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kristine Reynolds said...

It turned out great! I love the lined paper behind Janice!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your T Slider card turned out really cute!

Elena said...

Love the little book you added, Kerry! And T-slider looks fantastic!