Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ivan the Pirate...

Two posts today... Please scoll down to see the Softpencil Thursday's post!
Off to sea... Then he found a treasure chest! I bet there is lots of goodies in there. Smiley from millan.net

Isn't he a cutie? Ivan the Pirate. What a fun project! The challenge for this week is to create a background for Ivan. At first, I was totally stump... what can I do? My brain was thinking... a compass, a map... But then, my good friend Crissy came to the rescue, her son loves everything pirates. She lend me a Cuttlebug die cut with the pirate theme... totally cool!

Goodies that I used:
Tim Holtz distressing ink pad in tea dye, MS cardstock, Copics (E000, E00, E31, E41, E43, E44, E49, E55, E57, R20, R59, Y02, YG03, W0, W2), shimmerz in silver bells, SMOOCH in molasses.

Don't forget to check out the AiFactory crew!

7 comments:

Catherine said...

What a fantastic idea Kerry ! It's the perfect card for a little boy and it's always so difficult to find something for them ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Randi said...

Your pirate card is too cute Kerry! I love the whole scene you created, but I especially LOVE that ship!

Lola said...

Great scene and you've got me wondering about that cuttlebug die! Adorable!

Marlene said...

Adorable card! :)

Hey - I didn't know lovebirds lived that long?! Wow!

Cat said...

Just adorable! What a cute background!

Elena said...

Adorable card, and what a cute pirate! Love it!

Erin Smetak said...

This is just so cute! I love how you colored Ivan, and your card scene is just awesome!!!!