Sunday, April 25, 2010

A sweet little gift for MOM!

Hello everyone, hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I was at Michael's a few days ago shopping away... you know how it's, LOL! Then, I saw this $1 wooden frame. I figured it would be cool to decorate it or something...

So, here I'm!

I used a pretty design paper that I brought it a long time ago (I'm sorry, I forgot where it is from), then I traced the frame with a pencil. I cut and adhered it to the frame (I used glue stick for this), then sand the edges (outer and inner frame) with the emery board... so that it looks clean and crisp! :) I also distressed each edges with Tim Holtz distressing ink pad in Tea dye.


For the flowers, I used white Prima flowers, but I sprayed them with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Old Lace and Creme of Chocolat, and I also added a hint of blue to accent the blue with the design paper. To do that, I used the pom pom and VersaMagic Sea Breeze ink pad. And I also did the same with the corduroy button brad.

Time for some blingssss...

And I colored the image with Copic Markers
skin - E000, E00, R20
hair - E25, E55, E57
dress - BG0000, B91, B93, B95
flowers and heart - R29, R37

Viola! A simple and sweet project. Hope you like it!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh gosh Kerry, this is delightful ! You are so so clever ! Your Mom will be over the moon ! I love it... The colours are so soft and pretty, love the gems and the flower is gorgeous ! Love the cutie in the corner too ! Well, I love everything about it actually !!! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Laura Pryor said...

This is a fantastic project!!!! What a great idea! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous project!! I just love the image you chose!! Blessings and Hugs!!

Natalie Tong said...

thanks for the tutorial kerry! =)
it's a beautiful frame!

Randi said...

Super cute frame! Love the bling!